SAUVE BROTHERS BODY SHOP, INC
A vehicle accident can be quite a traumatic and distressing event.
You’ll most likely be shaken up and probably not thinking clearly. If you’re involved with an automobile accident, you need to consider your condition plus the events that happened, since you will in all probability be required to file a car insurance claim.
At Sauve Brothers Body Shop, we're happy to help you navigate through the insurance process. We have trained personnel on staff who are familiar with the paperwork and priorities of every company we work with.
Our professionals are prepared to serve as your advocate with the responsible insurance company to handle your collision repair claim.
When it comes to estimating the total cost of repairs due to a collision, there is the obvious damage that can easily be seen on the outside, however, some of the costs associated with collision repair are damages that are hidden and not seen from the outside.
There could be wires that need to be replaced, leaks in windows or windshields, frame parts that need to be welded and additional damage that can quickly add up.
When we are preparing an estimate on your vehicle, we take a look at what is wrong, as well as what 'could' be wrong. We leave no stone unturned.
Our many years of experience and acquired knowledge comes into play when estimating what repairs will be needed based on the accident the vehicle was involved in.
Our Tip of the Day
There is a current trend among law enforcement agencies coming down hard on "distracted driving" offenses such as using a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle. The fines are very high and in NY state, it's a 5 point offense on your license. DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE!
These steps need to be taken in order to make a correct claim:
1. If you are injured, and the car isn’t a hazard like on fire, get your phone and phone 911. When there is no urgent situation for instance critical injuries, phone the police. Determine if anyone is hurt. Ask for those who observed the incident to stay and speak to the police.
2. Exchange contact info with the other drivers involved in the accident. Once the police arrive, reveal everything you can think of concerning the accident to enable them to compose an official report that may be presented to you insurance company. Be sure you notify the police officers that you would like a report. For those who have a camera, take shots from the accident scene including any kind of car damage.
3. Speak to your insurer, even if you are not really to blame. Furthermore, payment is dependant on the actual extent of fault and that means you require proof to aid your claim. Your insurer will advise the other driver’s insurance agency that you will be making a claim and also looking for reimbursement. You are going to have to make a list of things damaged.
4. After you have sent in all the paperwork to your insurance carrier, they’ll straighten out the claim. You might have to speak with the other driver’s insurance provider concerning your accident. Your insurance carrier will explain exactly what statement is necessary. Prior to giving your statement, note down anything you remember in regards to the accident.
5. A claims adjuster will check your damaged automobile to be able to evaluate what your costs may be. They are going to also consider if the damage could be repaired or should you require financial payment. If you’re financially compensated, your insurer will write you a check.